Android OS for smartphones brings you the feature of sharing your phone's network connection to other WiFi enabled devices. This is called mobile tethering since one 3g data connection on your phone bring all your friends a faster internet in the class i their laptop or smartphone. Here's how to setup galaxy ace as wifi hotspot since the factory version of android 2.2 supports tethering. (Mobile AP)
Note that mobile tethering is often one of the main causes of battery draining. Turn it off when it is not required.
Tether Samsung Galaxy AceFollow these step by step procedure to activate wifi hotspot.
- Goto main menu > Settings > Wireless and network settings > tethering and portable hotspot
- Here you'll find options for USB tethering and mobile AP. Click Mobile AP settings > Configure mobile AP
- You have the option of either leave your data network as an open network, or you can password protect so making sure that only your friends are using it.
- Enter network SSID (any name)
- Select security either Open / WPA2 PSK
- set password. Click save.
- Check Mobile AP to turn it on. that's it. you've successfully configured your galaxy ace as a wifi hotspot or mobile access point. (You'll see a notification that the mobile AP is active)
- Search on other devices to find your data connection
Note: WiFi is not required to be turned on in order to work mobile AP.