Many latest mobiles like Samsung galaxy have wifi with hotspot technology which allows you to connect broadband internet on your phone and also share data connection among other devices having wifi. Many of us uses BSNL data-one broadband internet in homes so some configuration settings are required to successfully connect to your phone. Make sure that your Wifi modem is turned on and connected to internet.
Modem here I demonstrate is teracom T2-B-Gawv1.4U10Y-BI
- First you need to configure modem (wireless router) before connecting to phone. Open your web browser and type http://192.168.1.1/ enter username and password 'admin'
- You'll land on a page where you can configure the Wireless LAN settings. Click Configuration on the left and choose Wireless Network.
- Change the required settings like the following:
Under Basic Settings
- Select Profile: 802.11 B/G
- Wireless Network: Enable
- Select Country : INI
- IGMP snooping Multicast to Unicast: Disable
- WLAN Rate: Automatic
- Channel Selection: Auto
- Select Channel:6
- Network Name (SSID):BSNL_AP (or anything you want like 'HOME')
- Hide SSID:NO
- Select Security Option : Wi-Fi Protected Access
- Select Encryption Protocol: TKIP Protocol
- Select Authentication Method: PSK (pre shared key)
- WPA Pass Phrase: use blank for open network or chose a password for your choice.
- PMK Caching : Enabled
Under MAC Address Filter
- Select MAC Auth : Disabled
The next step is to activate WiFi on your phone (Phone : Samsung Galaxy Ace). Go to settings > wireless networks > Wi-Fi settings and turn Wi-Fi on. You'll get a window listing all the available wireless networks like in screenshot shown below.