The official android 2.3.4 gingerbread is out for Samsung galaxy ace. This firmware upgrade includes OTA feature (update over the air) so that if a new update is released for this phone you can upgrade within the phone by itself. The overall user interface has been improved in this update. If you've a galaxy ace, update via KIES software which is very easy to do.
Follow these steps to upgrade Samsung galaxy ace to android 2.3.4 using KIES
1. Download and Install KIES software. If you've already installed KIES, make sure that you've a recent version of KIES
2. Make sure that you installed phone usb drivers. Download drivers
3. Open Kies, connect your phone. After you got connected, click on the name of the device GT - S5830 then click basic tab. Click upgrade firmware
4. A dialog box will pop out to confirm the update. Click update.
6. Read all instructions the click proceed.
7. Make a backup of your contacts when prompted .Done! It'll take about an hour to complete the upgrade but depends on your pc and internet speed.