Samsung Kies is a free software suite from Samsung for its smartphone users to synchronize, transfer data, music, contacts as well as upgrading firmware of the device. Normally this application can be found on the CD that comes along with the device. However, some users may find difficulty in installing Kies for the first time. So here is a complete step by step instructions to install Samsung kies on your computer from the CD or downloading from internet.
If you dont have the kies cd, the download these software's first.
- Windows Imaging Component (WIC) - Download (wic_x86_enu.exe)
- .NET 4 - Download
- Samsung Kies - Download
Here's the step by step guide to install Kies on windows xp:
1. First, you need to install windows imaging components, if you have the samsung cd, insert it to the cd drive, the rightclick > open. Then browse to Externals\.NET 4.0\ . Then double click to install wic_x86_enu.exe
Otherwise you can install the same by double clicking the downloaded file.
2. After installing WIC, run dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe (which you have downloaded or from the cd). Follow the instructions to complete setup of .NET framework.
3. Install Samsung Kies - Browse the CD and run KiesSetup or run the downloaded file. A progress bar will appear which will extract the necessary files to install kies. Now you'll have a Kies installshield Wizard. Select language and click Next.
- Check to accept license agreement.
After the installation is complete, just connect your phone via usb cable.