Tata tel-services are one of the leading wireless internet providers in india. tata photon plus is their wireless internet service that offers you speed upto 3.1 Mbps and available on major cities in India. The tata photon+ is actually an upgraded version of photon whiz, which offered 150kbps speed. Tata Photon Plus uses EVDO Rev.0 technology (3G).
Many users complain about its speed as the getting only 50-60kbps with it in place of 125-150kbps. By their offer of 3.1 mbps speed, it do not means that you get 3.1 megabytes of data in a second. But it is mega bits per second, which means you may get 3.1/8= 0.387 megabytes per second of data or 387 Kbps data on the peak rate. But in actual conditions it doesn't happen. You may get 1.5 - 2 mbps speed in practice.
The browsing and downloading speed of tata photon plus is depend on multiple factors like the accessing area’s distance from the tower, time of the day, number of simultaneous users etc. However we can do something to have better experience with tata photon.
Optimize TCP/IP Settings.
1. Download TCP Optimizer
2. Open TCP optimizer. Move speed slider to 2000kbps and click optimal settings at bottom. then click apply and restart you system.
3. Try different connection speeds with software until you get better speed.
Try different Dns server address.
1. Open control panel find your connection in the network connections.Click properties, select internet protocol from the list and click properties.
2. Edit the field to enter following DNS server address:
3. Click Ok
Download with IDM
When you download large files using tata photon, IDM seems to have good speed because it splits the files to pieces and download each part individually.
Delete temporary internet files
1. Click start > Run
2. type %temp% and click ok
3. Delete all files and folders.